Tuesday, April 4, 2017

WET N WILD MEGAGLO CHEEK & LIP TINT in KISS ME IF YOU CAN

The idea of a lip and cheek tint has always been so cute to me. Not that I mind using two different products for my lips and cheeks - I mean, I'm product obsessed for crying out loud. But it's adorable, the idea that there can be one cute and convenient little stick that will instantly bring color to both your lips and cheeks. I think we all just pray that we don't end up looking too matchy-matchy, kind of like the model on the Wet n Wild Queen of My Heart display (which you can see here at Musings of a Muse





Kiss Me If You Can by Wet n Wild is just such an adorable lip and cheek tint. It is a part of the limited edition Queen of My Heart collection for spring, which also includes two Megaglo highlighting powders,  three Color Icon eyeshadow trios, a pink and white kabuki brush, and a lip gloss palette. The packaging is so sweet, with its pink and white, reminiscent of their brushes. The plastic is a little flimsy, and makes me afraid that the lid will crack just like it did with my Wet n Wild Megaglo Makeup Stick Blush. I've still got the lid covering it but now the product is all smashed up inside the lid because it doesn't twist down. The same is true of this tint - it won't twist down below its starting point so you must be careful how you put the lid on (and be careful not to let it crack).



    First I applied the lip and cheek tint to my cheeks, and at first I didn't like it. The slightest dab of product seemed to be too much to get a subtle flush. I needed to work really hard to blend it out evenly around my cheekbones and at the end, I still felt like I needed to take some off. But here's the thing: I applied this under really dim lighting. When I went outside and began taking pictures, it didn't seem like there was too much product on at all. In fact in my pictures the blush appeared very soft. I even added a little more.




     I'm ambivalent about the texture of the tint on my cheeks. It spread around easily enough but seemed a little sticky. It ended up feeling a little tacky on my face. I touched my face a ton that day (shame on me) but the color was still intact later on.
    As for my lips, well the color is a lot softer than it appears in the tube. It almost translates into a pale pink, under certain light. It's not nearly as saturated as the color in the tube. It came out as a color that I never wear in real life. But you know what? I like it! This color makes me want to explore other pinks and put them in the rotation of my current lip wheel. And can I just say that I love the feel of Kiss Me If You Can on my lips. It is super creamy and has a lot of slip, which is how I like my lip products.



Honestly, this is a product I didn't think I was going to like. It seemed like wearing this color on both lips and cheeks would be unflattering, but that's what I did in the photo and I think it looks sweet. Not too matchy-matchy at all. I will definitely wear this on my lips again.

Have you grabbed anything from the Queen of My Heart collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment