Sunday, May 29, 2016

SIGHTING: NEW REVLON SHEER LIPSTICKS, CONTOUR PALETTE, EYE, CHEEK & LIP PALETTE

      Well, I just had to crawl out of my cave to post about my chance encounter with what appears to be a spanking-new collection of SHEER lipsticks by Revlon. Revlon's famous line of Super Lustrous Lipsticks has some new additions: 10 shades that "enchance lips with a sheer wash of color," according to the display.  The thought of photographing the individual colors completely escaped my brain while I was in the store, which probably saved me from suspicious glances. However, I did manage to capture the display for you.

This photo was taken at a Rite Aid in the San Fernando Valley, a suburb of L.A., affectionately known to us as "the Valley".



The new sheer lipsticks are on the right, while 4 current Super Lustrous lip glosses are on the left. The new sheer lipsticks are $8.99 at this Rite Aid.





Here is essentially the same photo with flash because this beautiful display was horribly situated between two shelves and was shadowed by the top shelf. Hopefully you can see the display a little better.


     Here is a photo of the lipstick display next to another display for what is probably also a new product: Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Contouring and Highlighting Duo. Sorry I didn't get a better shot of that one. It's probably because I personally have little interest in contouring and highlighting. But, if I'd given it more thought, I would have realized that the contouring and highlighting craze is still taking the world (read: social media) by storm.


     Here is a display from the CVS that is like, across the street from Rite Aid. Please do ignore the hideous background, this CVS ain't half as classy as the Rite Aid. That Rite Aid got a whole "premium" cosmetics section with about 8 different highfalutin' lines like Senna and Girlactik. But the display itself is pretty cool. You've got your sheer lipsticks on the bottom, and on top you have the new Revlon Eyes, Cheeks, and Lips Palette. There are 3 versions of the palette, Berry in Love (left) Romantic Nudes (middle) and Seductive Smokes (right). It looks like the berries are leaning toward purple and pink (go figure), the nudes are peaches, corals, and beiges, and the smokes are cool-toned everything.

    I did find the sheer lipstick collection on Revlon's website. I want one of these. Actually, I want 3 of these: Peach Parfait (we've heard that name from Revlon before, methinks), Lover's Coral, and Fuchsia Shock. Truthfully, I can't say if this sighting is newer than new, because I haven't been following blogs lately. That's what happens on a no-buy. You can't read blogs or go into stores that sell makeup because you start getting that feeling that's you're going to crawl out of your skin if you don't buy something, anything, even that $0.79 pencil liner from wet & wild. I went into these stores to use the bathroom and buy Diet Coke. Really.

So if I get my hands on one before the Apocalypse I'll post about it. In the mean time, let me know if these tickle your fancy. Especially if you own a Chanel Rouge Coco Shine. Man, when I tried that on when it came out several years ago there was like, nothing on my lips and I was like, good God woman, are you going to spend $34 for this?

Please, please tell me Revlon sheers are just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment