Tuesday, July 7, 2015

WET N WILD MEGA LENGTH MASCARA 80% LONGER LASHES VERY BLACK

Wet n Wild Mega Length Mascara is WnW's solution for ladies wishing to add length to their lashes. Not necessarily designed for thickening or volume, the primary purpose of this mascara is to extend the lashes beyond their natural length. The package claims that this mascara can make your lashes appear up to 80% longer than they actually are. Let's see if it lives up to its claim.



First off, let me start out by saying that this product may actually be counter-productive for ladies with lashes that are already fairly long. Personally, (not to brag or anything) I already have very long lashes. This mascara is not really designed for someone like me. Reason being that the mascara tends to make longer lashes stick together at the base. Using this mascara my lashes got tangled and instead of having a fanned-out look I looked like someone who'd been wearing mascara for a couple of days. My lashes stuck together at the base and were only separated at the tips. 

I would be interested to see if any ladies (or gents) with shorter lashes have ever tried this mascara. Perhaps for those with naturally shorter (and straighter) lashes, this mascara might do the trick. However, if your lashes are straight rather than curved upwards, this mascara is not going to provide any curl, so your lashes will simply be longer but sticking straight forward. 




For this reason I recommend this mascara only to those who have short-to-medium length lashes that already have some curl to them. Does it provide 80% more length? No, it does not. I would guesstimate that it provides about 25% more length. It is going to extend the lashes at the tips. This mascara will not provide that "falsies" effect that some other mascaras tend to advertise. 


As you can see the brush is fairly long, fairly thin, with tiny spikes. I suppose this type of brush is meant to separate the lashes but it did not have that effect on me. 

Please excuse the gym pic! I have no other makeup on. 

It's not that this is a bad mascara, it is simply not working for me personally. 

I welcome your comments! If you have tried this mascara please let me know what you think. 

Side note: Wet n Wild is a brand that is geared toward makeup mavens on a budget. Their products are ridiculously affordable. However, don't underestimate the quality of some of their products. Their eye shadows are raved about across a variety of makeup forums. Furthermore, the brand is represented by Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. I'm sure that Fergie would not choose to put her name on a product of little value. It is important that even the least expensive brands of makeup, skin care, etc., are promoted for those ladies who have yet to be able to afford Chanel and Giorgio Armani. Give WnW a shot!

Stars: 3 / 5


No comments:

Post a Comment