Friday, July 10, 2015

AVEENO ACTIVE NATURALS MOISTURIZING BAR

AVEENO ACTIVE NATURALS MOISTURIZING BAR is an offering from Aveeno that is an alternative to their liquid cleansers. I currently use AVEENO® POSITIVELY RADIANT® BRIGHTENING CLEANSER. Trying this bar was an interesting departure from my usual liquid cleanser routine.





As the box states, this bar is designed for dry skin. The main active ingredient is natural colloidal oatmeal. The bar is fragrance-free and dermatologist recommended.



Aveeno is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, one of the largest personal care/hygiene/beauty manufacturers in the United States. See www.aveeno.com for full information.






So what do I think of Aveeno Moisturizing Bar? Well, the experience of cleansing my face with this bar was very nice. After running the bar under warm water and twirling it in my hands to create a soapy lather, I gently massaged the soap into my face and neck in a circular motion. The lather was bubbly but not super-soapy like products with Sodium Laurel Sulfate. Sodium Laurel Sulfate is the ingredient in shampoos and facial cleansers that creates lather. 

After I dried my face, it felt clean but not super moisturized. My recommendation would be to use this soap and follow up with the appropriate moisturizer. For example, AVEENO® POSITIVELY RADIANT®DAILY MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30, Which contains SPF as well - which you should ALWAYS use in addition to your moisturizer.

The bottom line is Aveeno soap bar is a good alternative to liquid cleanser for those who prefer soap bars. For me personally, it wasn't enough to quench my sometimes-dry, sometimes-oily skin.

You be the judge! I welcome your comments. Who here has tried Aveeno Moisturizing Bar?

STARS: 3/5

Side note: Aveeno's brand ambassador is actress Jennifer Aniston. She believes in the product, uses it herself, and wishes to share its benefits with you. Jennifer is also the founder of Living Proof haircare.





No comments:

Post a Comment