Saturday, March 15, 2014

Revlon Limited Edition Vintage Super Lustrous Lipstick in Jungle Peach

Back in October of 2013, Revlon announced that in spring of 2014 they were going to re-release 5 of their iconic shades from decades past. They had voters decide on five out of ten shades that represented some of Revlon's most beloved classic lipsticks.

Personally, I didn't think I was going to care much about these re-released lipsticks. I am not one for nostalgia, nor do I adore all things vintage. Many makeup lovers relish the idea of being able to don vintage colors and feel connected with the iconic beauty of the past. I am all about what's new and now, but when I saw these vintage lipsticks sitting in a modest display in my CVS, with most of the lipstick having been sold, I saw the colors on the label and was immediately drawn to the lipstick called Jungle Peach. It looked like such a sweet color, and I am always attracted to peach tones.

The five shades of Super Lustrous lipstick that Revlon chose to re-release for a limited time are:

-Icy Violet from 1946
-Snow Peach from 1956
-Sandstorm from 1999
-Fifth Avenue Red from 1958
-Jungle Peach from 1963

These shades appear to have hit stores around mid-February. 

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Jungle Peach is light-to-medium, warm-toned peach that leans more towards an orange-cream color than a pink-cream. 

Revlon Jungle Peach
Revlon Jungle Peach


Revlon Jungle Peach

Revlon Jungle Peach
Revlon Jungle Peach
Jungle Peach swatched
Revlon Jungle Peach
Jungle Peach on my MAC Face & Body N3 skin

Application-wise, I give Jungle Peach an A. It is very creamy going on, and looks just a tad bit glossy after application. I love the look and the wear of this shade - for about 30 minutes. 
On me, Jungle Peach begins to fade after about 30 minutes. Most notably though, it tends to settle into the lines of my lips and separate, with color gathering into the fine lines and looking thinner on the plump parts of my lips. 
With a shade this pretty, I don't mind having to re-apply once an hour or so, but it's a shade I can't trust to stay on smoothly and I need to keep reminding myself to put more on. 
I don't wear a lot of Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick so I don't know how the formula of these vintage shades compares to Revlon's regular line. I was going to try Snow Peach but if it wears anything like Jungle Peach I'm not sure that I want to buy it. 

In any case, I think it's a gorgeous shade, especially for everyday wear. I would wear this shade to a job or an interview since it is so understated yet pretty at the same time. I would wear it day or night, with a nude eye or a smokey eye. I think it might be exceptionally pretty with a neutral eye with navy eyeliner, and it makes a great bridal color.

The Score: 3.5/5 Stars

How are you feeling about Revlon Vintage Super Lustrous Lipsticks? Have you tried any of the other colors like Icy Violet, Snow Peach, or 5th Avenue Red? How do you feel about vintage makeup in general?



2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous, really lights up the lips. I just wish you hadn't pointed out the reapplication issue but glad you did as I will be holding back after all :( i I only have Icy Violet; as it's supposed to be sheer (a good layering colour) I hadn't noticed the issue. I don't have that problem with the regular line FWIW..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! Yes, I did feel the need to point out that I had to re-apply quite frequently. Jungle Peach is meant to be opaque as opposed to sheer so it tends not to look good unless it's freshly applied.

      Delete