Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen: Review and Swatches

Before today, I don't think I had ever used a cream blush. Tragic, I know, yet somehow they had never appealed to me. Powder blushes always seemed to work just fine. They never really looked too cakey over my foundation and finishing powder or looked unnatural. I wear my blush lightly, anyway.

But a couple of weeks ago my sister and I were browsing through CVS and looking for new makeup products. Maybelline had an offering of something new: a blush stick. There were 6 shades to choose from. Me being me, I went for the one that said "coral" on the sticker. I just gravitate towards corals and oranges. I like coral more than pink because pink just feels too girly for me. I got the Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen #30.

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks contain shea butter and are meant to be sheer and highly blendable.

They are 0.24 oz of product put into a short cylindrical package that is meant to be portable for easy carrying in one's purse.


Coral Sheen is a mostly pink coral with a hint of orange, although it goes on far more pink than orange. I applied the blush directly onto my cheeks with the stick itself. I created a little streak of the color on my cheekbone and it went on highly pigmented and creamy. It has just a hint of shimmer in it, and gleamy look.
I then blended it into my cheeks using my fingers and it spread really nicely and evenly. It also sheered out quite a bit, unusually since it applies so strongly. It has no smell and feels weightless on the skin.

Maybelline Master Glaze Coral Sheen 
Maybelline Coral Sheen Swatch
Maybelline Master Glaze Coral Sheen swatched in daylight on my N3 in Mac Face & Body skin



Maybelline Master Glaze Coral Sheen
After having used this cream blush stick, I am converted. I am now a fan of cream blush. This blush stick blended seamlessly into my foundation and powder. It applies fantastically, it looks gorgeous, it has a hit of sheen. It is easy to use: just apply and blend with your fingers, or with a nice, dense, cream application brush like Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It lives up to everything Maybelline's website says about it. Although I think that Coral Sheen fits me best, I would definitely purchase other colors.

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks come in 6 colors:

Just-Pinched Pink #10
Pink Fever #20
Coral Sheen #30
Warm Nude #40
Make a Mauve #50
Plums Up #60

There are also two limited edition shades that are a part of Maybelline's Dare to Go Nude Collection:

Nude Rebellion #201
Barely Pink # 202

The Score: 4.5/5 Stars

What are your thought's on Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Sticks? Do they compare to higher-end cream blushes like Makeup Forever or Nars blush sticks? Do you like wearing cream blush?

If you would like to see Maybelline Master Glaze Blush Stick in Coral Sheen in action, here is my Youtube video on the product:



No comments:

Post a Comment