Monday, February 17, 2014

Nivea A Kiss of Care & Color lip balm in Sheer Coral

Let me start off by saying, I am an absolute lip balm hoor. At any given time, I have about 5 lip balms in my purse, not to mention two lip glosses. If I see a new lip balm advertised, I will hunt it down and try to snag it the minute it hits the shelves.

I have tried countless lip balms, including natural ones and yes, including high-end ones such as Fresh, Dior, and even La Mer - which is still the best lip balm I've ever tried but at a whopping $50 won't be taking its place in my purse anytime soon.

Nivea A Kiss of Care and Color comes in three shades: a pale pink, a sheer red, and Sheer Coral, which is the one I bought. This lip balm sits among the top 10% of lip balms I have tried from the drug store. It is one of the best drug store lip balms I have used and certainly the best that has a hint of color. It beats Burt's Bees tinted lip balms as well as Alba Terratints.

Let's start with the packaging: so far so good. I have only had it for four days and so far no problems with it coming undone and making a mess. It comes in a silver stick with a slanted top, which is odd considering the product itself is flat, not slanted.



The Product: the stick itself has a moisturizing center and the outer ring is the color. Sheer coral, in this case. However the color itself goes on a bit more pink than coral.



The Consistency: smooth as butter, although not as thick as a Revlon Lip Butter. Light, like a lip balm. Comparable to chap stick but it feels nicer going on - not as stiff.

Moisturization: very good. My lips feel hydrated when I put it on and for a few minutes there is a very light
cooling sensation.

Color payoff: sheer. As is to be expected from its name.



The Duration: short. But, it seems that most lip balms don't last long on me as I tend to smack my lips and rub them together a lot.

Overall: 4 out of 5 stars. I really recommend this product for moisturization with a hint of color.

I bought this product for $5.49 at Walgreens. I have a feeling it might be cheaper at CVS or Rite Aid by about .50 cents but may be harder to find there.

Have you tried this lip balm? What would you compare it to?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment